Now you can be part of the American Airlines AAdvantage® Travel Awards Programme. Earn unlimited AAdvantage miles plus get all the benefits of an International MasterCard! Republic Bank brings you a world of choices!
- Product Features and Benefits
- Exclusive Discounts
- Rates and Fees
- How to Apply
- Conditions of Use
- Sanctioned Countries
Republic Bank has the latest in credit card technology. Our Chip and PIN credit cards are the first with this technology to be introduced in the English-Speaking Caribbean.
This technology reduces fraud, making credit card transactions more secure and enhances the overall customer experience. The embedded microchip on the card stores data more securely, preventing it from being easily copied or altered. Plus the use of a personal identification number (PIN) means that only you can use your card.
Republic Bank Credit Cards with Chip and PIN technology provides cardholders with the added convenience of:
- Global acceptance including Europe and the UK.
- Unique PIN authorization for unmatched security.
- Get 5,000 enrollment miles upon approval.*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile for every US$1.00/TT$6.50 you spend on purchases worldwide.
- No cap on the number if miles you can earn.
- AAdvantage miles do not expire provided that once every 18 months you earn or redeem miles with American Airlines or an AAdvantage participant. So using your Republic Bank / AAdvantage Corporate MasterCard Credit Card regularly, is the best way to keep your AAdvantage account active.
- Automatic enrollment in American Airlines AAdvantage® Programme
- Republic Bank / AAdvantage Corporate MasterCard Credit Card cardholders enjoy exclusive lower rates when redeeming miles on car rentals and hotel stays at more than 10,000 locations in over 320 destinations worldwide.
- Cardholders earn destination miles, every time they fly American Airlines/American Eagle or any of the 20 partner airlines, at thousand of merchants across the globe including hotels, car rentals companies and restaurants.
- Combine the miles you earn from flying with American Airlines and over 20 partner airlines and participating hotels and restaurants with those you earn with your Republic Bank / AAdvantage Corporate MasterCard Credit Card and fly faster.
- Access to exclusive discounts and promotions.
*Applicable to new Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Credit Card Cardholders.
American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage
AmericanAirlines and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
You can receive up to 50 days interest free credit once your credit card balance is paid in full by the payment due date for two consecutive months.
If a Republic Bank /AAdvantage Corporate MasterCard Credit Card cardholder is robbed or assaulted during or immediately after using an ATM (“Cajeros Automaticos”), this program will replace stolen money and provide a benefit in case of death.
- other than the money you withdrew from your account;
- damages and/or liabilities that happened before or after the covered robbery period;
- bodily injury not resulting in death (does not apply to ATM)
MasterRental™ is a smart way to save money and receive valuable insurance coverage when you rent a vehicle with an eligible Republic Bank / AAdvantage Corporate MasterCard Credit Card.
When you rent a vehicle using your card, coverage will be provided for damages to the Rental Car caused by collision, Theft of and/or accidental fire. For claims instructions, please refer to the section “How to File a Claim”.
Who Is Covered:
Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card cardholders and those designated as Authorized Drivers in the Rental Agreement.
To Get Coverage:
- Initiate the transaction under your name and pay for the entire Rental Company’s security deposit using your Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card and sign the Rental Agreement.
- Authorized Drivers whose name(s) appear as a driver on the Rental Agreement will also be covered;
- Pay for the entire rental transaction (tax, gasoline, and airport fees are not considered rental charges) with your Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card and/or points earned by a MasterCard Rewards program associated with your card prior to picking up or immediately upon the return of the Rental Car; and
- You must Decline any/all partial or full collision damage insurance or similar collision damage and loss damage waiver (CDW/LDW) offered by the Rental Company.
Length and Scope of Coverage:
- Coverage begins when you pick up the car and ends when you turn it in, limited up to thirty one (31) consecutive days, worldwide.
- Coverage is not provided where prohibited by law.
You may have difficulty utilizing the benefits of MasterRental in Australia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica and New Zealand. Please contact your Rental Company before making your arrangements.
The Kind of Coverage You Receive:
- MasterRental provides a maximum benefit amount up to USD† 50,000 per incident.
- MasterRental provides “primary” insurance coverage for cardholders or Authorized Drivers that are legally liable and allowed by law for charges to a Rental Company per the Rental Agreement for damages caused by the Rental Car’s collision with another object; or Theft of the Rental Car; or Accidental Fire.
- Back-to-back renewal Rental Periods are covered as long as the Insured Person returns to the Rental Agency from which the Rental Agreement was issued and applies for a new contract.
- Coverage is also provided for equipment or accessories installed in the van for the purpose of assisting a handicapped driver.
- Coverage shall also extend to a loss caused by or resulting from Acts of Terrorism.
- Benefits are provided for Reasonable and Customary towing charges, due to a covered loss, to the nearest qualified repair facility.
Which Vehicles Are Covered (“Rental Car”):
- All land motor vehicle with four or more wheels, which the eligible Insured Person has rented during the Rental Period, as of time shown in the Rental Agreement.
- Coverage is provided for vans only if they are standard vans with standard equipment and are designed with a seating capacity of nine (9) passengers or less.
Which Vehicles Are NOT Covered (Excluded vehicles):
- All trucks (except Sport Utility Vehicles with Four Wheels unless specifically designed for and off-road use), pickups, full-size vans mounted on truck chassis, campers, off-road vehicles, trailers, motorbikes, motorcycles, and any other vehicle having fewer than four wheels; antique cars (cars that are over 20 years old or have not been manufactured for at least 10 years), limousines or any leased vehicles.
- Check the rental vehicle for prior damage before leaving the rental lot and alert the company of anything.
- Review the car rental agreement carefully to make sure you are declining CDW/LDW.
- Familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of the car rental agreement.
- Please remember, all Authorized Drivers must be in the Rental Agreement.
- In the event of a claim, notice must be provided to the MasterRental Claims Center within 30 days of the date of occurrence. Failure to give notice within 30 days from the date of the incident may result in a denial of the claim.
How to File a Claim:
- At the time of the accident or when you return the rental vehicle, be sure to immediately request the Rental Company to provide you with:
- Copies of the Accident Report Form and claim document, which should indicate the costs you are responsible for and any amounts that have been paid toward the claim;
- Copies of the initial and final car Rental Agreement(s);
- Copies of the repair estimate or itemized repair bill and two (2) photographs of the damaged vehicle (if available).
Required Information (proof of loss):
- Documentation detailing the nature of injury or death with a breakdown of expenses, including certified copies of: medical evidence reports, attending physician statements, coroner reports, death certificate and related documentation;
- Transaction verification confirming the full passenger fare for the Covered Trip had been charged to the eligible card, including copies of Common Carrier ticket(s) and receipts;
- Your cardholder's statement of account showing the account is open and in good standing.
Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card cardholders, their Spouse, and dependent Children can benefit from comprehensive travel accident insurance coverage offered through MasterTravel™.
Who Is Covered:Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card cardholders, the cardholder’s Spouse and dependent Children, whether traveling together or separately.
To Get Coverage:Coverage is provided automatically when the entire cost of the Common Carrier passenger fare has been charged to your Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card and/or has been acquired with points earned by a MasterCard Rewards program associated with your card (i.e. mileage points for travel).
The Kind of Coverage you Receive:
- MasterTravel provides Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance coverage against Accidental Death, Dismemberment (including loss of sight, speech & hearing) or Paralysis, while traveling on a Common Carrier if tickets are purchased with your card.
- The maximum Principal Benefit provided for Covered Trips on a Common Carrier is up to USD† 250,000 per person.
- A trip commences when the Insured Person boards a Common Carrier for the purpose of going on such trip and continues until such time as the Insured Person alights (departs) from the Common Carrier.
- MasterTravel provides Insured Journey Travel Accident Insurance coverage after you disembark from the Common Carrier at the destination of the trip (as designated on the passenger ticket), against Accidental Death, 24 hours/day worldwide. This coverage is meant to complement and not duplicate Travel Accident Insurance coverage provided for Common Carrier.
- The maximum Principal Benefit for Insured Journey is USD† 4,000 per person.
- The coverage of an Insured Journey begins when you alight from (leave) a Common Carrier while on a Covered Trip and ends after 60 consecutive days or when you board a Common Carrier on a Covered Trip, whichever occurs sooner.
For more information contact MasterCard Travel Assistance Services call 1-800-MC-ASSIST or the specific MasterCard Global Service™ toll-free number for your country, or call collect to the United States at 1-636-722-7111.
As a Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card cardholder you can rely on Travel Assistance Services when you’re away from home. Travel Assistance is your guide to many important services you may need when traveling. Benefits are designed to assist you when you’re traveling 100 miles (160 km) or more from home. This is reassuring, especially when you visit a place for the first time or do not speak the language.
Please keep in mind that Travel Assistance Services is not insurance coverage and that you will be responsible for the fees incurred for professional or emergency services requested of Travel Assistance Services (for example, medical or legal bills). Cardholders may receive insurance benefits while on a Covered Trip through MasterAssist™ Plus. This benefit may reimburse you for medical related expenses (Please refer to the MasterAssist™ Plus section in this guide for additional information).
Who Is Covered:MasterCard Corporate Card cardholders.
Where The Service Is Available:
- In general, coverage applies worldwide, but there are exceptions.
- Restrictions may apply to regions that may be involved in an international or internal conflict, or in those countries and territories where the existing infrastructure is deemed inadequate to guarantee service. You may contact Travel Assistance Services prior to embarking on a Covered Trip to confirm whether or not services are available at your destination(s).
The Kind of Services You Receive:Travel Assistance:
- Before you begin your trip, Travel Assistance Services provides information on travel requirements, including documentation (visas, passports), immunizations, or currency exchange rates. The exchange rate provided may differ from the exact rate that issuers use for transactions on your card. Information on exchange rates for items billed on your statement should be obtained from the financial institution that issued your card.
- In case of loss or theft of your travel tickets, passport, visa or other identity papers necessary to return home, Travel Assistance Services will provide assistance in replacing them by contacting local police, consulates, airline company or other appropriate entities.
- In the event of loss or theft of the transportation ticket to return home, a replacement transportation ticket can be arranged.
- If you have a travel emergency and need cash, Travel Assistance Services can arrange to transfer up to USD† 5,000 from a family member, friend, or business account.
- Please note that this service does not provide maps or information regarding road conditions.
- Provides a global referral network of general physicians, dentists, hospitals, and pharmacies.
- Provides help with prescription refills with local pharmacists (subject to local laws).
- In the event of an emergency, Travel Assistance Services will make arrangements for a consultation with a general practice physician. Additionally, the Travel Assistance Services medical team will maintain contact with the local medical staff and monitor your condition.
- If you are hospitalized, we can arrange to have messages relayed home, transfer you to another facility if medically necessary, or have a family member or close friend brought to your bedside if you have been traveling alone (this will be at cardholder’s expense).
- If the Travel Assistance Services medical team determines that adequate medical facilities are not locally available in the event of an accident or illness, Travel Assistance.
- Services will arrange for an emergency evacuation to a hospital or to the nearest facility capable of providing adequate care.
- If a tragedy occurs, we’ll assist in securing travel arrangements for you and your travel companion(s).
- Provides you with English or Spanish-speaking legal referrals or consultations with appropriate embassies and consulates regarding your situation.
- Will assist in transfers of up to USD† 5,000 in cash from a family member, friend, or business to cover legal fees or to post bail. There is no charge for referral services; however, legal and bail fees are your responsibility.
*Special conditions apply.
Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card cardholders can benefit from peace of mind knowing that expenses incurred as a result of delayed and lost luggage are covered, and expert assistance is available to help you find your lost luggage.
Who Is Covered:Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card cardholders.
To Get Coverage:Coverage is provided automatically when the entire cost of the Common Carrier passenger fare has been charged to your eligible Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card and/or has been acquired with points earned by a MasterCard Rewards program associated with your card (i.e. mileage points for travel).
- Expert assistance services are provided for tracking and locating lost Luggage.
- We will be responsible for keeping you informed of the status and location of the Luggage as information is available and will communicate with you on an on-going basis (at least once every 24 hours) until a final outcome has been determined.
- We will ensure the Luggage is shipped to your destination or your home.
- If the Luggage is determined to be unrecoverable, we will help you file claims and other necessary actions that may need to be taken.
If your Luggage is delayed beyond four (4) hours after the actual arrival time at the intended destination, you will be eligible to receive up to USD† 500 in reimbursement for expenses incurred for purchases of essential clothing or requisites as a result of Luggage delay. Coverage is considered only for expenses incurred between four (4) hours and four (4) days after the actual arrival time at the intended destination. Coverage for delayed Luggage is not available in the Insured Person’s city of permanent residence.Lost Luggage Benefits:
If your Luggage is lost and determined to be unrecoverable by the Common Carrier, your Luggage is insured up to USD† 1,200. This applies to lost Luggage on any Covered Trip, domestic or international.Coverage Conditions/Limitations:
- Coverage commences once you have left the initial point of departure.
- Your Luggage must be properly checked with and under the possession, care, custody and control of the Common Carrier during a Covered Trip.
- Insurance coverage and assistance services are provided to you for Covered Trips (Worldwide) up to sixty (60) days.
- A Covered Trip shall be deemed to have commenced when the Insured Person boards Common Carrier transportation for the purpose of going on such trip; leaves the initial point of departure; and continues until such time as the Insured Person alights from common carrier transportation for the purpose of returning from such trip.
- Luggage, which appears to be delayed or lost, at the final destination, must be formally notified (immediately) and a claim must be filed with the Common Carrier.
- It must be determined (and verified) to be delayed or unrecoverable by the Common Carrier.
- Electronic equipment lost will be covered up to USD† 500 per item, not exceeding the maximum benefit amount.
- Excess Coverage - These benefits supplement the Common Carrier’s liability for Luggage (delayed or lost). For example, if your Luggage is determined to be lost/unrecoverable and the full value (total original cost) of the Luggage is USD† 2,200 and the Common Carrier reimburses you USD† 1,000, you’re eligible for reimbursement up to USD† 1,200.
- animals, birds or fish;
- automobiles or automobile equipment, boats, motors, trailers, motorcycles or other conveyances or their appurtenances (except bicycles while checked as Luggage with a Common Carrier);
- household furniture;
- eyeglasses or contact lenses;
- artificial teeth or dental bridges;
- hearing aids;
- prosthetic limbs;
- musical instruments;
- money or securities;
- tickets or documents;
- perishables and consumables;
- jewelry, watches, articles consisting in whole or in part of silver, gold or platinum, furs, articles trimmed with or made mostly of fur.
In the event of a claim, the following procedures should be followed:
1) You (cardholder) or the beneficiary or someone legally acting on behalf of either, must notify us as required in the Claim Notification Period, or your claim may be denied - Upon receipt of a notice of claim, the Plan Administrator, Claims Administrator or Insurance Company, will furnish to a claimant the necessary Claim Form(s);
2) Complete the Claim Form(s) in its entirety;
Claim Notification Period:
Within ninety (90) days from the date of loss. Submission Period: No later than one hundred-eighty (180) days from the date of Claim Notification.
Required Information (proof of loss):
a) Copies of the notification and reporting filed with the Common Carrier and all related correspondence, Property Indemnity Report (PIR) - form must include flight number, vessel number, or bill of lading and baggage check number;
b) Details of the amounts paid (or payable) by the Common Carrier responsible for the loss, description of contents, cost determination of contents and all other appropriate documents and correspondence;
c) Transaction verification confirming the full passenger fare for the Covered Trip had been charged to the eligible card, including copies of Common Carrier ticket(s) and receipts;
d) Your cardholder's statement of account showing the account is open and in good standing.
* MasterAssist Plus offers assistance to locate Lost Luggage. For questions or to obtain assistance please contact the MasterCard Global Service Center at 1-800-MC-ASSIST or the specific MasterCard Global Service™ toll-free number for your country, or call collect to the United States at 1-636-722-7111.
Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card cardholders can benefit from the security and safety offered through our comprehensive travel medical program. Some of the benefits provided are Medical Expenses, Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Mortal Remains, Return of Dependent & Elderly, VIP Transportation Expenses, and Emergency Family Travel.
Who Is Covered:Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card cardholders.
To Get Coverage:
Coverage is provided automatically when the entire cost of the Common Carrier passenger fare has been charged to your eligible Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Corporate Credit Card and/or has been acquired with points earned by a MasterCard Rewards program associated with your card (i.e. mileage points for travel).
- Trips are covered for travel worldwide.
- Coverage is provided for Injury or Sickness, even if it is not an emergency.
- Trips are covered up to a maximum of thirty one (31) consecutive days.
- Medical Expense coverage up to a maximum benefit amount of USD† 75,000 per person.
- No limitation on the number of trips.
- Coverage is provided for both, one-way or round trip travel.
- Exceeds all travel insurance requirements of the Schengen Aquis (Agreement)
- Covered losses caused by or resulting from Acts of Terrorism are not excluded.
For questions or to obtain assistance please contact the MasterCard Global Service Center at 1-800-MC-ASSIST or the specific MasterCard Global Service™ toll-free number for your country, or call collect to the United States at 1-636-722-7111. For more information contact us at 1868 627 3348.
MasterCard Assistance24/7 toll free assistance with emergency card replacement, emergency cash replacement and lost /stolen card reporting Travel Assistance Services call 1-800-MC-ASSIST or the specific MasterCard Global Service™ toll-free number for your country, or call collect to the United States at 1-636-722-7111.
Get up to 15% discount on Hertz Rentals* (Available in the US, Europe, Latin America, Austrailia, New Zealand, Africa, Middle East and Japan – the discount may vary per country. Ensure that you have the special discount code and that bookings are made through Lazarri & Sampson.
Get 20% discount* on Motor Insurance when you use your Republic Bank Credit Card to pay the full cost of the premium. In order for the discount to be applicable, the insured name on the policy much match the cardholder’s name.
*Special conditions apply
|Annual membership fee||US $100|
|Interest rate||2% per Month|
|Over limit fee||5% of the amount in excess minimum US$10.00|
|Past due fee||US$ 8.00/TT30.00|
|Cash advance fee||3 % of amount advanced|
No interest will payable on any amounts debited to the credit card account if the outstanding balance is paid in full by the payment due date shown on the Principal Cardholder current billing statement. Payment must be paid in full by the payment due date for two consecutive Billing Statements.
Other fees associated with credit cards are available upon request.
Before visiting our branches, ensure you have the following documents:
Recent Utility Bill
The required amount to open the account
Two (2) forms of Identification
The required amount to open the account
As at April 2016, the following is the list of countries where sanctions have been imposed by the US Government and United Nations, as well as sanction regulations issued by other jurisdictions, that restrict the use of VISA/MasterCard products.
- Burma (Myanmar)
- North Korea
You can reach us anytime at:
+1 (868) 623-4RBL
24/7 toll free assistance with emergency card replacement, emergency cash replacement and lost /stolen card reporting ,call 1-800-MC-ASSIST or the specific MasterCard Global Service™ toll-free number for your country, or call collect to the United States at 1-636-722-7111.
Call Republic Bank Customer Service Department at 627 3348