Now you can be part of the American Airlines AAdvantage® Travel Awards Programme. Earn unlimited AAdvantage miles plus get all the benefits of an International MasterCard! Republic Bank brings you a world of choices!
- Product Features and Benefits
- Exclusive Discounts
- Rates and Fees
- How to Apply
- Conditions of Use
- Sanctioned Countries
Republic Bank has the latest in credit card technology. Our Chip and PIN credit cards are the first with this technology to be introduced in the English-speaking Caribbean.Chip and PIN technology has many benefits:
- It reduces fraud, making credit card transactions more secure and enhances the overall customer experience.
- The embedded microchip on the card stores data more securely, preventing it from being easily copied or altered.
- The unique Personal Identification Number (PIN) means that only you can use your card and do so securely.
- These cards are also globally accepted, including in Europe and in the UK.
- Get up to 2,500 enrolment miles upon approval
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile for every US$1.00/TT$6.50 you spend on purchases worldwide
- No cap on the number if miles you can earn
- AAdvantage miles do not expire provided that once every 18 months you earn or redeem miles with American Airlines or an AAdvantage participant. So using your Republic Bank/AAdvantage MasterCard Credit Card regularly, is the best way to keep your AAdvantage account active
- Automatic enrolment in American Airlines AAdvantage® Programme
- Republic Bank/AAdvantage MasterCard Credit Card cardholders enjoy exclusive lower rates when redeeming miles on car rentals and hotel stays at more than 10,000 locations in over 320 destinations worldwide
- Cardholders earn destination miles, every time they fly American Airlines/American Eagle or any of the 20 partner airlines or patronise thousands of merchants across the globe including hotels, car rentals companies and restaurants.
- Combine the miles you earn from flying with American Airlines and over 20 partner airlines and participating hotels and restaurants with those you earn with your Republic Bank/AAdvantage MasterCard Credit Card and fly faster
- Access to exclusive discounts and promotions
* Applicable to new Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Credit Card Cardholders
You get up to 50 days INTEREST-FREE CREDIT, once your outstanding balance is repaid in by the payment due date, depending on the date of purchase.
BalanceCover provides credit card balance coverage for your credit card outstanding balance and repays or reduces your credit card debt in case of death or disability.How it works
- No occupational limits
- No medical exams
- All official cardholders on the same account are covered for the cost of one
- Coverage from 18-70years
- Premiums minimal, $4.40 per $1,000
- $25,000 lump sum payment in the event of accidental death
Each insured cardholder shall be insured for the amount equal to the total amount outstanding on his/her credit card at the date of death.
Accidental Death benefit
In the event of accidental death, an additional amount of $25,000 will be paid to the insured cardholder's estate.
For more information on the terms and conditions and how to enrol, call 627 3348 or come into any of our branches.
Standard MasterCard™ cardholders, their spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children can benefit from comprehensive travel accident insurance coverage offered through MasterTravel™.
Who Is Covered:
Republic Bank International MasterCard Credit Card Cardholders, the cardholder's spouse/domestic partner, infants and dependent children, whether travelling together or separately.
To Get Coverage:
Coverage is provided automatically when the entire cost of the common carrier passenger fare has been charged to your eligible Republic Bank International MasterCard Credit Card and/or has been acquired with points earned by an eligible Rewards Programme associated with your card (i.e. mileage points for travel). In order to be eligible for coverage, you must pay all associated taxes, shipping & handling fees and any other required fees to your eligible Republic Bank International MasterCard Credit Card.
The Kind of Coverage you Receive:
MasterTravel provides Common Carrier Travel Accident Insurance coverage against accidental death, dismemberment (including loss of sight, speech & hearing) or paralysis while travelling on a common carrier if tickets are purchased with your card.
- The maximum principal benefit provided for covered trips on a common carrier is up to US$ 250,000
- Infants* are covered with a benefit of 25% of maximum principal benefit with a limit ofUS$50,000 where local regulations allow.
- A trip commences when the insured person boards a common carrier for the purpose of going on such trip and continues until such time as the insured person alights (departs) from the common carrier.
What Are The Benefits – Common Carrier Travel Accident:
Coverage is provided for accidental death, paralysis and dismemberment(s) including loss of sight, speech, hearing while riding as a passenger in or on, boarding or alighting from a common carrier.
- The maximum principal benefit amount provided is US$250,000 per person.
- The benefit for infants* is 25% of the maximum principal benefit with a limit of US$50,000, where local regulations allow.
- In the event of an accidental death while on a covered trip, you and your eligible family members can receive the maximum principal benefit amount. For a covered loss with common carrier travel accident only, benefits are provided as a percentage of the maximum principal benefit amount per the *Schedule of Losses.
- A covered loss must occur within 365 days of the date of the accident.
- In the event that you have multiple losses due to the same accident, only one (1) payment, the largest, will be paid.
- Coverage extends to exposure and disappearance.
- Loss caused by or resulting from acts of terrorism (defined herein) is not excluded.
- Benefit shall not apply while an insured person is riding in or boarding or alighting from any civilian aircraft that does not hold a current valid Airworthiness Certificate.
*Special conditions apply
When you rent a vehicle using your Republic Bank/ AAdvantage Gold MasterCard Credit Card, coverage will be provided for damages to the rental car caused by collision with another object, overturn, theft, vandalism, accidental fire and physical damage as a result of hail, lightning, flood or other weather related causes. For claims instructions, please refer to the section “How to File a Claim.”
Who Is Covered:
- Republic Bank/AAdvantage Gold MasterCard Credit Card cardholders and those designated as authorised drivers in the Rental Agreement.
To Get Coverage:
- Initiate the transaction under your name and pay for the entire rental company's security deposit using your Republic Bank/AAdvantage Gold MasterCard Credit Card and sign the Rental Agreement.
- Authorised Drivers whose name(s) appear as a driver on the Rental Agreement will also be covered.
- Pay for the entire rental transaction (tax, gasoline and airport fees are not considered rental charges) with your card and/or points earned by a Rewards Programme associated with your card before picking up or immediately upon the return of the rental car and you must decline any/all partial or full collision damage insurance or similar collision damage and loss damage waiver (CDW/LDW) offered by the rental company.
Length and Scope of Coverage:
- Coverage begins when you pick up the car and ends when you turn it in, limited up to thirty one (31) consecutive days worldwide.
- Coverage is not provided where prohibited by law.
You may have difficulty utilising the benefits of MasterRental in Australia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica and New Zealand. Please contact your rental company before making your arrangements.
The Kind of Coverage You Receive:
- MasterRental provides a maximum benefit amount up to US$50,000 per incident.
- MasterRental provides “primary” insurance coverage for cardholders or authorised drivers that are legally liable and allowed by law for charges to a rental company per the Rental Agreement for damages caused by the rental car’s collision with another object or theft of the rental car, overturn, accidental fire, vandalism or physical damage as a result of hail, lightning, flood or other weather related causes.
- Back-to-back renewal rental periods are covered as long as the insured person returns to the rental agency from which the rental agreement was issued and applies for a new contract.
- Coverage is also provided for equipment or accessories installed in the van for the purpose of assisting a handicapped driver.
- Coverage shall also extend to a loss caused by or resulting from acts of terrorism.
- Benefits are provided for reasonable and customary towing charges due to a covered loss to the nearest qualified repair facility.
Which Vehicles Are Covered (“Rental Car”):
- All land motor vehicles with four or more wheels, which the eligible insured person has rented during the rental period as of time shown in the Rental Agreement.
- Coverage is provided for vans only if they are standard vans with standard equipment and are designed with a seating capacity of nine (9) passengers or less.
Which Vehicles Are NOT Covered (Excluded vehicles):
- All trucks (except Sport Utility Vehicles with four Wheels unless specifically designed for road and off-road use), pickups, full-size vans mounted on truck chassis, campers, off-road vehicles, trailers, motorbikes, motorcycles, and any other vehicle having fewer than four wheels, antique cars (cars that are over 20 years old or have not been manufactured for at least 10 years), limousines or any leased vehicles.
For any questions, to confirm coverage of a particular vehicle
- For any questions, to confirm coverage of a particular vehicle or to file a claim please call 1-800-MC-ASSIST or the specific MasterCard Global Service™ toll-free number for your country, or call collect to the United States at 1-636-722-7111.
- Check the rental vehicle for prior damage before leaving the rental lot and alert the company of any damage.
- Review the car rental agreement carefully to make sure you are declining CDW/LDW.
- Familiarise yourself with the terms and conditions of the car rental agreement.
- Please remember, all authorised drivers must be in the rental agreement.
- In the event of a claim, notice must be provided to the MasterRental Claims Center within 30 days of the date of occurrence. Failure to give notice within 30 days from the date of the incident may result in a denial of the claim (please refer to the section, “How to File a Claim”).
- At the time of the accident or when you return the rental vehicle, be sure to immediately request the rental company to provide you with:
- Copies of the accident report form and claim document which should indicate the costs you are responsible for and any amounts that have been paid toward the claim
- Copies of the initial and final car rental agreement(s)
- Copies of the repair estimate or itemised repair bill
- (2) photographs of the damaged vehicle (if available)
Travel Assistance Services
As a Republic Bank/AAdvantage Gold MasterCard Credit
Card cardholder you can rely on Travel Assistance Services when you're away from home. Travel Assistance is your guide to many important services you may need when travelling. Benefits are designed to assist you or your spouse/domestic partner and dependent children when you're travelling 100 miles (160 km) or more from home. This is reassuring, especially when you visit a place for the first time or do not speak the language.
Please keep in mind that Travel Assistance Services is not insurance coverage and that you will be responsible for the fees incurred for professional or emergency services requested of Travel Assistance Services (e.g. medical or legal bills).
Who Is Covered:
Republic Bank/AAdvantage Gold MasterCard Credit Card cardholders, their spouse/domestic partner and dependent children, whether travelling together or separately.
Where The Service Is Available:
In general, coverage applies worldwide but there are exceptions. Restrictions may apply to regions that may be involved in an international or internal conflict or in those countries and territories where the existing infrastructure is deemed inadequate to guarantee service. You may contact Travel Assistance Services prior to embarking on a covered trip to confirm whether or not services are available at your destination(s).
The Kind of Services You Receive:
Before you begin your trip, Travel Assistance Services provides information on travel requirements, including documentation (visas, passports), immunisations or currency exchange rates. The exchange rate provided may differ from the exact rate that issuers use for transactions on your card. Information on exchange rates for items billed on your statement should be obtained from the financial institution that issued your card. In case of loss or theft of your travel tickets, passport, visa or other identity papers necessary to return home, Travel Assistance Services will provide assistance in replacing them by contacting local police, consulates, airline company or other appropriate entities. In the event of loss or theft of the transportation ticket to return home, a replacement transportation ticket can be arranged.
- Please note that this service does not provide maps or information regarding road conditions.
- Provides a global referral network of general physicians, dentists, hospitals, and pharmacies.
- Provides help with prescription refills with local pharmacists (subject to local laws).
- In the event of an emergency, Travel Assistance Services will make arrangements for a consultation with a general practice physician. Additionally, the Travel Assistance Services medical team will maintain contact with the local medical staff and monitor your condition.
- If you are hospitalised, we can arrange to have messages relayed home, transfer you to another facility if medically necessary or have a family member or close friend brought to your bedside if you have been travelling alone (this will be at cardholder's expense).
- If the Travel Assistance Services medical team determines that adequate medical facilities are not locally available in the event of an accident or illness, Travel Assistance Services will arrange for an emergency evacuation to a hospital or to the nearest facility capable of providing adequate care. If a tragedy occurs, we'll assist in securing travel arrangements for you and your travel companion(s).
Provides you with English or Spanish-speaking legal referrals or consultations with appropriate embassies and consulates regarding your situation.
Will assist in transfers of up to USD 5,000 in cash from a family member, friend or business to cover legal fees or to
post bail. There is no charge for referral services. However, legal and bail fees are your responsibility.
For questions or to contact Travel Assistance Services call 1-800-MC-ASSIST or the specific MasterCard Global Service™ toll-free number for your country or call collect to the United States at 1-636-722-7111.
American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® programme and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® programme with six months’ notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® programme details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. AmericanAirlines and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
Get up to 15% discount on Hertz Rentals* (Available in the US, Europe, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Middle East and Japan – the discount may vary per country. Ensure that you have the special discount code and that bookings are made through Lazzari & Sampson.
Discount is applicable once the individual is paying with his/her Republic Bank International Credit Card for their full annual premium with COLFIRE and that the Cardholder is also the Insured.
- Get 20% discount when you pay with your Republic Bank Credit Card.
- 20% Republic Bank Mortgagor Discount (client must have a vehicle loan with Republic Bank where a mortgage bill of sale (MBS) is held for the vehicle)
- The cardholder’s name must match the name on the insurance policy.
- The discount is facilitated if the payment is made through a COLFIRE Branch.
- Discount is applicable to private vehicle insurances.
Please note however, that COLFIRE policyholders are entitled to their Safe Driver Discount (NCD) and any other three (3) discounts they qualify for (Republic Bank Credit Card discount included). For more information call: 800-QUOTE.
Exclusive Offer to Republic Bank Credit Cardholders
- US$3.00 Flat Rate (per pound)
- US$1.95 per pound (packages 35lbs and up)
- 24/7 Online Tracking
- Free Delivery (visit www.areopost.com/rbl for more information)
- Free Smartphone App
- Free Returns
Massy United Insurance
Get up to 45% Discount from Massy United Insurance
- 25% Republic Bank Credit Card Discount (client must pay premium with their Republic Bank International Credit Card)
- 20% Republic Bank Mortgagor Discount (client must have a vehicle loan with Republic Bank where a mortgage bill of sale (MBS) is held for the vehicle)
- Free Special Perils
- Free United Assist (Roadside Assistance)
- $3,000 free Windscreen cover (ALL private vehicles – New and Roll On Roll Off)
- Free Hospitalisation Benefit
- Limits of Liability – Twice legislative requirements
- Private Rates for Private Use “T” Vehicles
- Free Loss of Use in the First Year
- No Claim Discount*
For more information, contact Massy United
Tele: 625-0538/0317, 627-7530/7115
|Type of credit card||Annual membership fee for main applicant||Annual membership fee for co-applicant||Card replacement fee lost/stolen /damaged|
|Republic Bank International Visa Classic Credit Card||US$25.75||US$13.00||US$5.75|
|Republic Bank International MasterCard Classic Credit Card||US$25.75||US$13.00||US$5.75|
|Republic Bank / TSTT International Visa Classic Credit Card||US$25.75||US$13.00||US$5.75|
|Republic Bank International Visa Gold Credit Card||US$34.50||US$23.00||US$5.75|
|Republic Bank / AAdvantage Standard Credit Card||US$50.00||US$34.00||US$28.00|
|Republic Bank / AAdvantage Gold Credit Card||US$60.00||US$40.00||US$28.00|
|Republic Bank / AAdvantage Visa Infinite Credit Card||US$150||No charge||US$50.00|
|Republic Bank International Platinum MasterCard Credit Card||US$75.00||US$50.00||US$30.00|
|Republic Bank International Visa Platinum Credit Card||US$75.00||US$50.00||US$30.00|
|Republic Bank International Visa Signature Credit Card||US$100||No charge||US$30.00|
|Interest rate||2% per Month|
|Over limit Fee*||5% of the amount in excess minimum US$10.00|
|Past due fee||US$8.00 / TT$52.00|
|Cash advance fee||3 % of amount advanced|
*This fee does not apply to Republic Bank International Visa Signature Credit Card
No interest will be payable on any amounts debited to the credit card account if the outstanding balance is paid in full by the payment due date shown on the principal cardholder's current billing statement. Payment must be paid in full by the payment due date for two consecutive billing statements.
Other fees associated with credit cards are available upon request.
Before visiting our branches, ensure you have the following documents:
Copies of two (2) forms of valid photographic identification - Passport, National Identification card or Driver's Permit (if it is expired, it is not valid)
Salaried – Job letter (original- not older than 3 months) and copy of pay slip (not older than 3 month)
Self employed - up to date financial statements
- Up to date Audited Financial statements (for the last 3 years) for the business or Management accounts (for the last 3 years) for the business
- Statement of Affairs Form
- Income and Expenditure Form
As at 10th January 2017, the following is the list of countries where sanctions have been imposed by the US Government and United Nations, as well as sanction regulations issued by other jurisdictions, that restrict the use of VISA/MasterCard products.
- Burma (Myanmar)
- North Korea
You can reach us anytime at:
+1 (868) 623-4RBL
- Republic Bank Credit Cards
- Republic Bank / TSTT International Visa Credit Card
- Republic Bank Visa Classic International Credit Card
- Republic Bank International VISA Platinum Credit Card
- Republic Bank International Visa Gold Credit Card
- Republic Bank Visa International Signature Credit Card
- Republic Bank International MasterCard Credit Card
- Republic Bank International MasterCard Platinum Credit Card
- Republic Bank / AAdvantage Mastercard Credit Card
- Republic Bank / AAdvantage MasterCard Gold Credit Card
- Republic Bank / AAdvantage Visa Infinite Credit Card
24/7 toll free assistance with emergency card replacement, emergency cash replacement and lost /stolen card reporting ,call 1-800-MC-ASSIST or the specific MasterCard Global Service™ toll-free number for your country, or call collect to the United States at 1-636-722-7111.
Call Republic Bank Customer Service Department at 627 3348